You may ask yourself “Why should I Volunteer for the Fire Department?” There are many reasons to Volunteer. Serving your community as a Volunteer Fire Fighter is very gratifying. The sense of pride and accomplishment that comes with helping other is second to none. As a Volunteer Fire Fighter, you are not paid for your services, but there are many benefits that accompany your membership with the Cowichan Bay Volunteer Fire Rescue. Some of these benefits include:
- Specialized Training in Fire Fighting, Vehicle Rescue and more
- Employee Assistance Program and Counselling Services
- Class 3 Drivers License and Air Brake Endorsement
- First Aid / CPR Training and Certification
- Social Functions and Family Activities
- Volunteer Fire Fighters Tax Credit
- Pleasure Craft Operators Card
- 24 Hour Disability Insurance
- True Feeling of Camaraderie
- Do you have a valid class 7 Learners or higher driver’s license?
- Do you currently live in the Cowichan Bay area?
- Do you want to become an active part of the Community?
- Do you want to learn new and exciting skills?
- Then it is time for you to become part of our dynamic team of Volunteer Firefighters!!